Monday, August 20, 2012

The Luve Project: Love Does Not Boast (even at the dinner table)

The past couple years, dinner time at our house has looked a little like this...

Most of these pictures features Sam Bam.  He likes to 'experience' his food.


It's a 100% fruit popsicle...don't judge people. ;)

"Look mom! My hat!"

This was before our oldest son figured out he didn't like to be messy.

Yep. A quarter of a watermelon right there.

And...there was this time.

Every breakfast pretty much ends up like this.
So, there you have it.  Dinner with three kids can always be a treat.  :)
 Lately I've found that dinner has been sounding a little like this;
"Mom, I didn't spill MY milk."
"Dad, I took MY plate to the dishwasher."
"Mama, I ate all of MY spinach."
"Dad, MY toys are all off the table."
"Mama, I'M being quiet."
Naturally, these good deeds were all the opposite of what brother was doing.
 A little boasting going on around the dinner table. 
This evening we taught the boys, "Love does not boast."  We explained to them that bragging about themselves in order to point out others weaknesses and your own exceeding greatness is not what love is about. 
Hopefully our table boasting will change this week.
I have a feeling our table messes may not change all that much. ;)
I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment