Friday, September 16, 2011

Timing is Everything



Today, my little Samuel asked to run in the "sprink-a-ler." T
his summer, it was not an uncommon request. We would crank that hose and let her run. Our big 3 year old would go running right through the centre where all the action was while little 2 year old Samuel would go skirting around the edge of the spray. We made it through many hot days with the help of the "sprink-a-ler."
However, today was not hot. In fact, today was the middle of September and I think I may have smelled smoke from a wood stove. Today was cold. Today was not a day for little boys to run half-naked through a cold spray of water. In fact, it would not even be caring of me to let my little Samuel (who is also sporting a runny nose) run through the sprinkler on a day like today. I explained to him that it was cold but he didn't quite get it. His words were actually; "Look mom! It's nice outside. It's not rainin'."
I think I'm probably like a two year old more often then I would like to admit. How often do I ask God for something and sulk when it doesn't happen right away? Little do I know or understand the big plan behind His answer. I remember when I first met my husband. I think within a few days I probably mentioned to God that He should make something happen - soon. Nothing happened (that I could see anyway). A few years after that (4 to be exact) I was wondering what in the world God was up to. No action there (that I could see anyway). Then, it happened. He marched up to my office and asked me out. I honestly wanted to dance when he was done but thought that might scare him away. So I did the next best thing - called my mom. When I look back at that season (yeah...yeah...hindsight is 20/20), I know that God had a big plan going on all along. He knew when we would really be ready and what was best for us - even though it was hard to wait sometimes. I thank God for those years of waiting now. It deepened my relationship with Him and that is something I would never trade. It also make us each more ready for the other. I believe our marriage is all the more enriched for that time when we waited on God.
Don't be discouraged. Keep asking in faith but also be open to His answers and His timing. He knows what's best for you - His timing is always the best timing.
Blessings friends.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment