Thursday, September 15, 2011

Got it all together?


This is me in Grade 3.
I did not have it all together.
However, there was this one girl who did. You probably had one like her in your Grade 3 class too. Long, flowing hair. Perfect teeth. Beautiful smile. Pristine nails with perfect white tips (how did she keep them so clean?!). Latest New Kids On The Block pencil case. Greatest high-tops ever. The teachers adored her. Girls fought to sit next to her at lunch. Boys (at least those who had gotten over the cootie phase) dreamed about being her 'boyfriend'.
I've always thought that post-conversion Paul had it all together too. He was so brave, so encouraging, so hard working, so close to God. It was hard to think of him having a down day. After all, he was the one who said; "count it all joy when you go through trials." However, this morning I read this in 2 Corinthians 7:
"5 For when we came into Macedonia, this body of ours had no rest, but we were harassed at every turn—conflicts on the outside, fears within."
Paul feared?! Yes, he did. Paul was like me sometimes. As much as a revelation that was to me, the greater revelation was what came next;
" 6 But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus..."
Paul knew God's comfort in the midst of His fears. He knew God to come through and saw Him do it. In the midst of my fears and my not-having-it-all-togetherness....God will come through for me. He will come through for you. So, don't beat yourself up when you're dealing with fears and inadequacy - but wait to see how God will comfort you.
Blessings friends. :)
P.S. To Grade 3 Girl: In case you're reading...you still have great hair and nails. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment