Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring is in the Air!


Today, me and the kidlets took a beautiful, long (mostly because I was lost for twenty minutes) drive in the country. The farmer's fields are still pretty brown. The trees are still pretty bare. And, the lake is still pretty covered in ice. However, spring is most definitely in the air. The signs are starting to peek out. My boys no longer leave the house in 13 layers. I no longer don a scarf. My husband no longer wears a coat - oh wait - he never wears a coat (yeah, ask him about the time he was pushing his little car out of a ditch in the middle of a blizzard - WITH A T-SHIRT ON!).
As I was enjoying the scenery and the warm sun streaming into the mini-van, along with the static-y classical music playing on the radio - I just had the overwhelming sense of gratitude that
God is in charge.
Me and my little ol' self may think I control schedules and feeding times and cleaning times and t.v. time but thank goodness, it's not me who controls the seasons. It's not me who makes the earth spin on a perfect axis. It is not me who holds life in hands. It is God.
All powerful.
All faithful.
All loving.
Thank you God for your seasons.
Thank you that we can count on Spring coming because You're in charge.
What a relief!

"He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing. He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight. He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it. The pillars of the heavens quake, aghast at his rebuke. By his power he churned up the sea.... By his breath the skies become fair.... And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! How then can we understand the thunder of his power?" (Job 26:7-9, 11-14)

0 comments:

Post a Comment