Friday, March 9, 2012

Got Milk?


This is our nutrition chart. You know how some days your preschoolers seem to unload the refrigerator into their mouth and then the other days they eat one Shreddie? Then, there's the days where I have time to leisurely enjoy toast with peanut butter and the days when I shove a half eaten banana in my mouth on the way out the door. So, in an effort to keep our family on a good nutrition track - I made this chart.
Every morning I get up and erase all the little markings from the day before and we start over again.
That's the thing, with food, you've got to start new again every day.
The apple from yesterday can't act as a fruit serving for today.

And, do you know what I think of almost every morning as I erase yesterday's efforts?

With food, spiritual food, it's good to start new again every day.
The Bible reading from yesteryear can't act as my serving for today.

Psalm 119 shows us the importance we should put on renewing ourselves in God's Word everyday.

"9 How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, LORD;
teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word."
NIV

Lord, help me to keep track of my spiritual food even more closely than my meals...

0 comments:

Post a Comment