Friday, December 9, 2011

Hugs From Andrew


Here's Andrew. How's that for cute? He actually looks EXACTLY like his daddy did at that age (funny thing - you do all the work and...). ;) Andrew has the most soul satisfying way of hugging. When I lift him up on my shoulder, he wraps his chubby little arm snug around my neck. It's extra special because he's still so bitty (well...over 16 lbs of bitty at 5 months). Those snuggles are heavenly to any mom.
How much do we love it when our little ones jump in our lap for a squeeze?! Just this afternoon my older boys went running for daddy when he came home for lunch. My middle son squealing; "I want a tiss (kiss) too daddy! I want a tiss!"
We love our children unconditionally and seek to show them in many ways throughout the days. Some days it may feel like all we hear are 'requests'...
"Can I have a cookie?"
"Can we go outside?"
"Can I jump in that puddle?"
"Can I unroll ALL the toilet paper in the house?" (ok., sometimes they don't actually ask...)
So, when, out of the blue they turn around and show a genuine display of affection for mama...it's pretty heart melting.
Just a couple days ago I had lifted Andrew and was delighting in his tiny hug when I thought;
"I wonder does God feel like this when we love Him back? Does He delight in me running to Him each morning and whispering thanks each night? Does His heart swell when I can tell Him I love Him? Have all my conversations with Him today been requests?"
Remember today that as much as God loves to hear and meet our prayers and requests, He also delights in our genuine affection for Him.
1 John 4:19
We love because he first loved us.
Zephaniah 3:17
17 The LORD your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment